Why do I need this?
- You can send Money to friends and family members or make a payment to anyone simply and easily.
- Money can be sent to anyone who has a valid Namibian cellphone number and the recipient does not need to have a bank account.
Any cellphone model can be used to Send Money or to receive money.
Money is instantly available in the eWallet.
- Recipients will be able access the money immediately at an FNB ATM without needing a bank card and without filling in any forms.
- Recipients don't have to withdraw all the money at once.
- They can also check the balance, get a mini statement, buy prepaid airtime, Send Money on to someone else's Cellphone.
- You can Send Money at any time of the day or night via Cellphone Banking, FNB Online Banking, or at an FNB ATM.
What can I do with this?
The eWallet from FNB allows you to:
Send Money to anyone with a valid Namibian cellphone number. The money can be sent from an active FNB transactional account*. You can also deposit into an eWallet and send the money to any Namibian cellphone number.
- Choose any of the three different methods to Send Money from: Cellphone Banking, Online Banking, or FNB ATMs, whichever is the most convenient.
Currently, FNB customers cannot Send Money from FNB Credit Card Accounts
A recipient of money can:
- Send a portion of the money in the eWallet to another eWallet.
- Withdraw all or some of the money from the eWallet at an FNB ATM without needing a bank card. The rest of the money can be withdrawn at a later stage.
- Buy prepaid airtime from the eWallet.
- Check the eWallet account balance or get a mini statement
What will it cost?
View the FNB Namibia Pricing Guide for more information on fees.
NB: Standard network operator rates apply when dialing *140*321# or *140*392#.
Do I qualify?
Sending from an FNB transactional account:
To send via an ATM: No registration or application is necessary- you only need an active FNB transactional account and FNB card
- To send via Cellphone Banking: You need to register for Cellphone Banking
- To send via Online Banking: You need to register for Online Banking
If you are not an FNB customer, you can send money by obtaining an eWallet and send money from the eWallet using your cellphone.
I want it!
You can get this via
FNB ATMs (no registration necessary), simply select More Options and Send Money
Cellphone Banking (see 'How do I send Money' below)
You can register for cellphone banking as follows:
- On your cellphone by dialing *140*321# and selecting the Upgrade option
- By visiting any FNB branch
- At any FNB ATM
- By accessing FNB Online Banking.
You can use eWallet at
- FNB ATMs
- Cellphone Banking
- Online Banking
What do I get?
- The convenience of being able to Send Money to anyone, as long as that recipient has a valid Namibian cellphone number.
- The recipient does not need a bank account or bank card.
- Money can be sent anytime and from anywhere, even from the comfort and safety of your own home.
- The money is sent immediately, so the recipient will have access to it as soon as it has been sent.
- It's free of bank charges quick, safe and easy to do!
What else do I need to know?
No more than N$2,000 can be sent to the eWallet per day (including your prepaid purchases). The maximum amount that can be sent to the eWallet also depends on the existing balance in the eWallet, as the balance cannot exceed N$2,000 at any given time.
Additional documents for your perusal:
How do I Send Money?
To send money via Cellphone Banking:
- Dial *140*321#
- Select eWallet
- Select Send Money
- Select the account you want to Send Money from
- Key in the cellphone number you want to send to
- Enter the amount you want to send
Confirm that all is correct (make sure you entered the right cellphone number)
To Send Money via Online Banking:
Log into Online Banking
- Select the Payments tab
- Select Send Money to eWallet
- Enter your One Time PIN (OTP)
- Select the account you want to Send Money from
- Select the amount you want to send
- Key in the cellphone number you want to send money to
- Click on finish
To Send Money via an FNB ATM:
- Insert your card and enter your PIN
- Select More options
- Select Send Money.
- Key in the cellphone number you want to send money to and select Proceed
- Key in the amount you want to send money to and select Proceed
Confirm that all the details are correct and select Proceed
- Remember to take your card
How do I Receive Money?
- You receive an sms telling you that money has been sent
- Dial *140*392# to access the eWallet
- Select 'Withdraw cash' and then 'Get ATM PIN'
- You'll receive an SMS with a temporary ATM PIN which is valid for 30 minutes
- Go to an FNB ATM
- At the ATM press the green button (enter/ proceed) and then Wallet Services
- Key in your cellphone number and temporary ATM PIN
- Choose the amount of money to withdraw. Make sure that either your transaction has ended or that you press 'cancel' before leaving the ATM.
- If you have been sent money but you have no airtime, dial *140*999# to buy airtime with the money that has been sent to you.
- If an eWallet has not been activated within 13 days, the money will be returned to the sender.
- Dial *140*392# to request a PIN, if it expires.
- Please ensure that the cellphone number of the person you are sending money to is correct.
View our legal documents:
Visit any FNB branch for more information on FNB eWallet or Send Money.
For queries, call 061 299 2222/299 7778