With Online Banking's full range of banking services you not only have the convenience of an electronic banking solution 24/7, you also have full control over your banking.
Online Banking offers the following banking services:
Full transfer and payment facilities
- Transfer funds real-time between your FNB accounts.
- Transfer funds real-time to the budget facility of your FNB credit card (SA only).
- Make real-time payments to FNB account holders.
- Payments made during business hours to recipients holding accounts at other banks reflect in the account the next day.
- Create recurring payments to automatically pay your recipients even when you're not online (scheduled payments).
- Make cross-border payments between South Africa, Namibia, Swaziland and Lesotho.
- Future date payments to up to one year in advance.
- Submit requests to stop cheques.
- Set up and maintain your recipients online.
- Send a payment advice to any email address.
- Reference validation.
View and manage your accounts and statements
- View the real-time balances of all your FNB accounts.
- View up to 65 days of transaction history on certain accounts.
- View any uncleared funds and interest earned on certain accounts.
- Manage your investment accounts online by adding or updating interest, maturity, withdrawal and closure instructions.
- Set up statements delivery online - you can have your statements delivered to you by email. This will deactivate the existing statement delivery instruction at the branch.
- You can view and download transaction history real-time.
- Statements can be delivered in multiple formats including CSV, PDF, Quicken (QIF), Microsoft Money (OFC) and Microsoft Money (OFX).
- Use inContact, our messaging service that alerts you via email or sms to all activity on your accounts.
Have complete control over your banking because...
- You can assign various permissions to these users. You can decide who can view certain accounts and/or who can transact on certain accounts. You can also set up transaction limits for people who you assign as users on your profile.
- You have full management of users in that you can add, modify and delete their details on your profile.
- In this way, people you appoint as users such as family members or staff members in your business can view and transact on Online Banking Express.
The following cutting edge security features are in place when you use Online Banking, ensuring the integrity of your money and transactions:
- Card and PIN authentication when you register for Online Banking.
- Each time you log on to Online Banking, you receive a login notification, including a unique One Time Pin (OTP) that is sent to you instantaneously via SMS.
- Your internet connection to the bank is secured via the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol at 128 bit Encryption. This means any communication between you and FNB via Online Banking is secure.
- VeriSign Secure Server ID ensures secure communication with your recipients and customers 24/7 and is a visual indicator that Online Banking is a secure site.
- Multi-layered firewalls (data security systems) prevent unauthorised access to the bank's computer systems.
- Technology specialists constantly monitor activity on the Online Banking site.
- The ability to cancel ATM cards (not credit cards) that have been lost or stolen.
All you need to register on and use Online Banking is a personal computer, connection to the internet and an up-to-date browser.
Registering for Online Banking is easy:
- You must first of all have an account with FNB and a valid bank card and PIN. All you then do is access Online Banking through the FNB website login fields at the top of each page.
- Click on 'Register'
- Select the button next to 'Personal Banking'
- The system will prompt you during the registration process to enter your valid bank card (Debit or Credit Card) 16 digit number and PIN.
- When you have registered on Online Banking, the FNB Call Centre will contact you within 48 hours to verify your identity.
- Once the Call Centre has verified your identity, you can start taking full advantage of the services Online Banking has to offer.
Terms and Conditions
Contact us on (061) 299 2187 or visit your nearest FNB Branch